Please take a screenshot and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Mermaids will bless you with a valid code for your diligence.
How do take a screenshot:
On a Mac (directions from Apple Support):
- Press Shift-Command-4. The pointer changes to a crosshair.
- Move the crosshair to where you want to start the screenshot, then drag to select an area.
While dragging, you can hold Shift, Option, or Spacebar to change the way the selection moves.
- When you've selected the area you want, release your mouse or trackpad button. To cancel, press the Esc (Escape) key before you release the button.
- Find the screenshot as a .png file on your desktop.
On Windows (directions from Microsoft Support):
Capture a snip
In Snipping Tool, select Mode (in older versions, select the arrow next to the New button), choose the kind of snip you want, and then select the area of your screen that you want to capture.
Capture a snip of a menu
- After you open Snipping Tool, open the menu that you want a picture of. (For Windows 7, press the Esc key before opening the menu.)
- Press Ctrl + PrtScn keys. This captures the entire screen, including the open menu.
- Select Mode (in older versions, select the arrow next to the New button), choose the kind of snip you want and then select the area of the screen capture that you want.
Annotate a snip
After you capture a snip, you can write or draw on or around it by selecting the Pen or Highlighter buttons. Select Eraser to remove the lines you've drawn.
Save a snip
- After you capture a snip, select the Save Snip button.
- In the Save As box, type a file name, location, and type, and then select Save.